There are so many pure essential oils available in the market to use, and they offer many magical benefits to your body, hair, and mind altogether. One of which is Peppermint Oil which is again an amazing natural herbal essential oil.
What is Peppermint Essential Oil?
The peppermint oil is a natural plant extract derived from the peppermint plant leaves, and this extract is obtained through steam distillation, solvent extraction and Soxhlet extraction to get this amazingly beneficial magical oil.
This oil is also stated as ‘Mentha Piperita’, and it’s a hybrid type of water mint and spearmint. However, earlier, this peppermint plant was found in Europe and some parts of the Middle East, but it became known and grown in some regions of North America and Asia widely.
Structure of Organic Peppermint Oil
This aromatic herb pure peppermint oil is changed to many structures:
- Extracts – It is made in more diluted forms, and the extract is used to add a minty flavour to many items.
- Essential Oil – It is the highly concentrated structure of peppermint oil. And these oils are used for aromatherapy to fight depression any other mental illness, or it can be diluted with other natural oils to be applied on the skin to make it soft and supple.
- The pure peppermint essential oil has a strong smell and taste and a cool refreshing feel.
How to Use Peppermint Oil?
Organic peppermint oil is commonly used in dietary supplements. It has been used from ancient times to treat various health conditions because of its antiseptic, antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
- This oil has effectively helped in treating the condition of irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion and heartburn. The capsules made with a combination of peppermint oil are taken to get rid of all the digestive problems.
- This oil’s active ingredient is menthol, which is used in toothpaste, chewing gums and mouthwashes to treat dental problems like bad breath, dental plaque and hot flashes.
- The pure peppermint essential oil is used as a combination in many pain and itchiness relieving creams and gels. It is very effective to treat muscle pain, joint pains, nerve pain and headaches. Even it has anti-inflammatory effects which are useful to get rid of itchy skin and other skin related issues like allergy, eczema etc.
It is also helpful in repelling mosquitoes’ insects, spiders and rodents because of its strong smell and it works magically on mosquitos’ bites as it has a cooling sensation.
- The peppermint oil is also used in a vaporizer, which is sometimes used in inhalers or as a rub on your chest and nose to cure respiratory problems caused due to cough, cold and sinus related problems.
- You will also find the peppermint oil menthol as an active ingredient in cosmetics and cleaning products filled with its minty fragrance which is refreshing and energizing.
- Moreover, the extracts of peppermint, which is pure, natural or artificial, can even be used at a moderate level. This can be safely mixed in certain food items like in candies, chocolates, drinks, baked items desserts, peppermint patties to add more flavors and extra ooze.
- You can also add it in hot water to make peppermint tea and enjoy all the health benefits derived from it.
- The peppermint essential oil can also be used to treat nausea vomiting and morning sickness which women go through during pregnancy and not only this it’s amazingly useful to deal with cramps during menstruation and many problems related to menopause.
All these fantastic benefits make this oil highly recommendable even from health care experts.
Moreover, after you have decided to use this oil in your routine, you get confused about where to buy peppermint oil.
You can buy this amazingly effective peppermint essential oil online or maybe from a higher-end store which will help you get the purest form of this oil to use.